Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy is common and normal, but there are things we can try to help you manage these symptoms.
- Starting prenatal vitamins once month prior to conception can decrease your risk of nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy.
- Increase your water intake prior to and during early pregnancy. We recommend 64 ounces per day.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Separate food and liquid intake.
- Vitamin B6, 25 mg three times per day by mouth.
- Ginger tea or ginger pops.
- If you are unable to hold down food or liquid or feel dizzy, please call the office as you may require prescription medication to manage your nausea and vomiting.