Dr. Mary Katherine Johnson
Dr. Mary Katherine Johnson, a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist, received her undergraduate degree from The University of Memphis with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She then went on to complete her medical degree and residency training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and during her senior year of residency, she served as Chief Resident. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Johnson always knew that she wanted to practice Obstetrics and Gynecology since her first days as a medical student. Taking care of women through all phases of their lives is a passion of hers and she is devoted to her patients. She seeks to provide personal and comprehensive care to her patients while helping them to make excellent health care decisions through some of the most important moments of their lives.
Her interests include caring for women’s needs from adolescence to menopause, low and high-risk obstetrics, contraception, and gynecologic surgeries, including minimally invasive procedures such a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and robotic surgery.
Dr. Johnson is a lifelong Memphian who loves spending time with her husband, daughter and friends. When she is not in the office, Dr. Johnson loves to travel, be outdoors, and spend time with her golden retriever, T-bone.
Obstetric care for low and high risk pregnancies, contraception, gynecologic care and surgery, including office and minimally invasive procedures
- The University of Memphis, BS, summa cum laude
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, MD
- Memphis, MD and Residency training in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, junior fellow
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Methodist Germantown Hospital
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis